Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution module renames

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 09:52 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> It's a general issue, because you never know what you'll have pulled in,
> and what steps you should do before you actually pull those changes in.
> I do not know if we can anyhow instruct autotools to not do this hard
> dependency of .am and .ac files, but I'm afraid we cannot do anything
> with this.

--disable-maintainer-mode if you have AM_MAINTAINER_MODE in
configure.ac.

In general I don't trust "make uninstall", in any project. It's usually
not available when needed again, probably untested, or will fail for
some other reason (like the one you found). I rather install into a
directory that I can wipe out entirely, or use checkinstall.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly