Re: [Evolution-hackers] Updating http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/download.shtml

On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 16:09 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> Would not it be better to come up with some workflow which is hooked
> to e.g. the FTP server where new releases trickle in? The process of
> updating the download page could even be made automatic - whenever
> a new release manifests itself on the primary FTP server, the version
> information is pulled from there and the download page updated. No
> need to hide Evo's capabilities! :)

Updating the download page is documented in the post-release steps of
the release process.

https://live.gnome.org/Evolution/ReleaseHOWTO#Post-Release_Updates

The FTP server to which tarballs are uploaded is shared by the entire
GNOME project and we only have restricted user accounts there, but maybe
we could wrapper the existing ftpadmin script with additional steps just
for us.  Or perhaps a simpler solution is to add a little script in
gnomeweb-wml alongside the download.shtml page which updates the page
based on the "LASTEST-IS" files on the download site.

For example, see:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/evolution/3.5/

I guess I've been updating it manually for so long that it doesn't seem
like much of a burden, but any effort to make the process more automated
is appreciated.

Matthew Barnes