Re: [Evolution-hackers] Cannot reconnect from EBackend-s like in Camel

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 17:58 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> Hmm, do you mean to call things like e_book_backend_open() in a handler
> of another method (that for the async book backend), thus passing in
> EDataBook and opid dedicated to other operation on client's side? It
> sounds a bit crazy, but I'll try that. :)

That's not what I was suggesting but it gets at the issue I was trying
to speak to.

e_book_backend_open() is a client operation.  Connecting to the remote
server is presumably one of the things your open() handler does.  Split
that connection logic out so it can be called from other parts of the
backend.  It doesn't have to be tied to e_book_backend_open().

Hope that's clearer.

Matt