Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM server synchronization and Evolution online/offline state

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 19:10 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> How about the "service-available" to be set much like the to-be
> "network-available", through GNetworkMonitor, as an EBackend property,
> which, when changed, emits a signal?
>
> Just rough thinking, nothing elaborate as yet - I'll be meditating
> this. :)

First question to iron out is, supposing we have such a flag, who is
meant for?  The backend itself or client apps like Evolution?

I'm leaning toward the latter.  In fact, as I iterate on this idea, it
seems the backend probably knows best and should be _setting_ this flag
itself rather than being told.

But yes, it would be a boolean GObject property with change notification
signals for the local process, and hopefully also a D-Bus property with
change notification signals for client apps via GDBus.

Rough thinking here too.  I'll let it simmer.

Matt