Re: [Evolution-hackers] Memory corruption in timezone handling

Hi,

Am Sonntag 01 April 2012, um 11:13:00 schrieb Robie Basak:
> Hi freeassociation-devel,
>
> I think I've tracked down a segfault in evolution to a bug in libical.
>
> In icaltimezone.c:icaltimezone_get_builtin_timezone,
> icalarray_append(builtin_timezones, ...) is called. This can cause
> icalarray_expand() to be called, moving the entire builtin_timezones
> array and thus invalidating any previous pointers into the array.
> [...]

A  follow-up on the freeassociation-devel list asks whether Evo/E-D-S
still use a local fork of libical or whether they're using upstream
libical. From what the sources and configure.ac tell me, it is the latter.

I guess we should communicate this to freeassociation-devel?

Kind regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48