Re: [Evolution-hackers] History is gone after wip/gsettings branch merge

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 10:15 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 08:27 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> > 	Hi,
> > I just realized a very sad thing, the history of certain files is gone
> > after the merge of wip/gsettings branch into evolution master. I tried
> > both gitk and git log on mail/e-mail-session.c and the history is ending
> > on October 6th, 2010.
>
> I had a copy of the git repo before that merge and the history of that
> file also ended on that date. I doubt that this has anything to do with
> any git merge.

Hrm, is it? I know it's a new file, but I thought it's older than
October 6th, 2010. The commit log also didn't suggest me that the file
had been added, which might confuse my expectations. And, of course, I
only looked over the last date from gitk, but didn't see what the exact
change was. So I was too quick, and wasn't careful enough. I'm sorry for
my fault. (The date seemed also around the date which I though was the
date when the branch for wip/gsettings had been initially created - I do
not know why.) Seeing the log in gnome-3-2 branch the end date is the
same, so you've right, nothing is lost.

Lesson learned, do not think, make sure first.
	Bye,
	Milan