[Evolution-hackers] History is gone after wip/gsettings branch merge

	Hi,
I just realized a very sad thing, the history of certain files is gone
after the merge of wip/gsettings branch into evolution master. I tried
both gitk and git log on mail/e-mail-session.c and the history is ending
on October 6th, 2010.

The question is: Can this be fixed?
	Bye,
	Milan

P.S.: I never trusted the git merge, it breaks many things, from commit
times/dates to lost work from others if the merger is not careful
enough. And it happened few times. I prefer applying separate patches,
especially for too old branches, though I understand that it can be too
boring.