Re: [Evolution-hackers] Issues with new EBook dbus implementation

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 13:01 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Secondly, why is it using a dbus signal for the done callbacks?
> Wouldn't it be more sane to use a direct message (without expecting a
> reply)? A signal will be sent to everyone subscribing to that signal,
> which will be all clients talking to the EBook, not just the one that
> requested the operation (i.e. called getContact()).

To be honest, I didn't get this fully. There is 1:1 correspondence
between EBookClient (formerly EBook) and EDataBook, each has its DBus
connection for the other part. The backend invokes those 'done' signals
on a corresponding EDataBook, with its operation ID set, thus the
receiver (though the only EBookClient) checks also the operation ID to
know for what it got the result (and whether the operation itself wasn't
cancelled meanwhile) and based on that finishes the operation. There
might not be a problem you are describing above. I hope.
	Bye,
	Milan