[Evolution-hackers] libebook: errors when using asynchronous contact addition/removal functions

Hi,

I’m currently working on the QtContacts backend for EDS part of MeeGo. While testing our backend, I experienced some issues when using asynchronous functions to add /remove contacts from the address book using libebook.

I’m attaching to this email a short test program that often fails on my machine (I’m running EDS 2.32.3). It can be compiled using:

g++ main.cpp `pkg-config --cflags --libs libebook-1.2`

The test program is merely trying to add 100 contacts by calling 100 times e_book_add_contact_async().

Then it tries to remove all of them at once by calling e_book_remove_contacts_async().

On my machine some of the insertions often fail with error: E_BOOK_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED.

When it happens that the insertions succeed, then trying to remove them shortly after often fails with E_BOOK_ERROR_CONTACT_NOT_FOUND error.

Could someone please have a look? Hopefully it should be easy to reproduce by running the program attached.

Thanks in advance,

Christophe Dumez.