Re: [Evolution-hackers] Front-end header files for E-D-S libraries

On Di, 2011-03-22 at 14:35 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> For 3.1, I would like to provide a top-level header file for each of the
> libraries in E-D-S and deprecate including individual header files.  The
> benefits should be clear by now: more flexibility to change or rearrange
> header files without breaking the public API.

How much of a problem is that in practice?

I have to deal with compatibility problems in all of the current
releases already:
      * URI changes and data migration in 2.32
      * account/config changes in 3.0
      * and now header file changes in 3.1

If the header file change had been done such that a single >= 3.0 check
is enough I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't seem like 3.0 has a libebook.h
(picking just one example).

Is there a chance to add the headers to 3.0 before it gets released?

If not, then I'd prefer to not make this change.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly