Re: [Evolution-hackers] imapx last-minute fix for 3.0?
- From: Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com>
- To: evolution-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] imapx last-minute fix for 3.0?
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:00:12 -0400
On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 16:39 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> David assured me the patches are low risk, so I recommended he try for
> 3.0 even though it's last minute, since new translatable strings are a
> tougher sell in stable updates.
Just to follow up, we wound up deferring this to 3.1 for a number of
1) This is a workaround for a broken IMAP server, not a bug in imapx.
2) Due to limitations in CamelProviderConfEntry, David had to word the
option in reverse of what would be most natural and understandable.
[I expect to be changing Camel's configuration framework as part of
my account-mgmt project for 3.2, though I'm not sure exactly how it
will change yet. I'll keep this in mind as a use case.]
3) We got push back from the release team, mostly over (2), and decided
it's not worth a last-minute fight since we too are unhappy with the
wording of the option.
] [Thread Prev