Re: [Evolution-hackers] New 'eclient' branch in eds

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 17:07 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 22:48 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> > Thanks, I'll do that. Just the first transition will be about not using
> > deprecated API, the second part of it, making calls async, is a very
> > different task, as I go through calendar sources and see all the sync
> > calls and the API being served synchronously as well. Thus I expect some
> > design changes will be needed in calendar, to make this work as
> > intended. Contacts seems mostly fine, for what I touched so far.
>
> Understood.  If we could at least get the contact photo mess fixed up in
> the mailer for 3.2 that would be awesome.  It still blocks the UI.

I plan that and itip-formatter plugin right after I finish this. I've a
little idea what to do, but will see whether it'll be doable in that
way.

Within the initial changes I already changed some bits, which are
to-be-tested, which might make the canceling working properly for the
addressbook lookup, even when it's stuck. But will see later.