Re: [Evolution-hackers] Rethinking account management

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 06:17 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> thanks for doing this. I'm only wondering, why not a dot or dash (if
> available for bus names) between the version number and the bus name
> itself? Was there anything preventing it to do it that way? (I'm not
> much familiar with DBus itself, so please forgive me if this is a lame
> question.)

I would've preferred that myself, but apparently D-Bus (or just GDBus)
doesn't like digits after dots.

        g_dbus_is_name ("blah.blah.Calendar.0") -> FALSE

        g_dbus_is_name ("blah.blah.Calendar0") -> TRUE

I guess next time we bump the version you can stick a dash in there if
you want.  "Calendar0" and "Calendar-0" are equally ugly to me.