Re: [Evolution-hackers] Account management and keyrings

Hi,

On Thu 20 January 2011 Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 18:24 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> > Nope, go for it. It may also fix an issue with Birthday&Anniversaries
> > calendar, when using authenticated addressbook, as right now there is no
> > easy way to ask for a stored password for that book. Of course, there
> > will be needed new API for book/cal backends to be able to ask for any
> > password (on any ESource), not only during its "authenticate" signals.
> > Even it's another story, please consider these things too.
>
> Right, that was my intention with the new API.  Backends could look up
> passwords for themselves and only emit "auth-required" signals if they
> need input from the user.

++ from the evolution-kolab team. Any idea on how to handle exactly this right
now (we'll be implementing that soon on a totally obsolete Evo version, i.e.
2.30 ;-)? Since we did not yet implement this part, we can do so in a way
which will avoid complications when porting to a recent Evo version later on.

Greetings,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
D-57072 Siegen