[Evolution-hackers] (no subject)

sir,
  i'm really interested in studiying linux, but i experienced in
windows environment.
sir,please tell me first of all what can i do for got experienced in
Linux environment with basics.
 sir,unfortunately i joined evolution-hackers in gnome.org.but i can't
understand what they do and their purposes?,
   i'm doing B.E(cse) fulltime 3rd year.my long day dream in my life
is to play in linux like windows environment.please please help me to
achieve my dream as well as my goal.

                         Thank you sir!...