Re: [Evolution-hackers] better deleting for GMail

On Sun, 2011-12-25 at 14:55 +0800, Mike Manilone wrote:
> Hi list,
> The default behavior of deleting is moving it to /Trash folder, but if
> you're using GMail [with IMAP?], you cannot remove them at all.
> Then I tried to move them to [Gmail]/Trash. It's ok!

You can change the ‘Special Folders’ preferences for the account in the
account settings dialogue, where you should be able to change the trash
folder to [Gmail]/Trash. That works for me.

Note that it does then break the behaviour where you can press ‘delete’
on a message in your inbox to archive it (rather than trash it).

> So, hackers, why don't add a configuration entry about deleting
> folder? Then the behavior of deleting is as good as thunderbird.

I don't know if this is already the case, but this seems like something
which should be done automatically if you set your GMail account up
through GOA.

Philip