Re: [Evolution-hackers] New 'eclient' branch in eds

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 12:35 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> This may also be of benefit to Srini and his email-factory branch.  I
> can imagine extending the enum to include E_CLIENT_TYPE_MAIL_STORE or
> something similar.

Only the last thing for the enum values, I would personally prefer
something with a prefix E_CLIENT_SOURCE_TYPE_... only to not have it
confusion-able with E_CLIENT_TYPE constant.

After all, the generic open/... functions can be added to
libedataserverui, to some e-client-utils.h/c, possibly together with
renaming actual e-client-authentication.h/c. Maybe?

By the way, the proposed merge of server side parts, it may also involve
merging client side bits (for E*View) and thus finally drop all the old
cruft. It's a benefit, I hope, even with broken backward compatibility.
(I would prefer to break backward compatibility personally, rather than
inventing special names for structs not intersect with old names.)

	Milan