Re: [Evolution-hackers] New 'eclient' branch in eds

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 16:34 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> You obviously face of a circular dependency, so it's not doable in a
> clean way. Also because EClient is in libedataserver, EBookClient in
> addressbook/libebook and similarly ECalClient in calendar/libecal. Both
> descendants link to libedataserver... Having another
> register_client/unregister_client function will make things only less
> clear for readers (like if one tries to follow signal handlers by
> reading the code.

Way to douse me with a bucket of cold water there.  :)

You're right about the library dependencies.  That does kinda put a
bullet in unifying the "new" function.  I agree a type registration
system is overkill for a mere two GTypes.

Still, is there any value in having such an enum defined in e-client.h?

I cited one benefit in consolidating my "get_default_source" functions,
but that alone is not really compelling.  Are there other use cases?