Re: [Evolution-hackers] New 'eclient' branch in eds

On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 13:58 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> The idea though is that what we do now in e-passwords.c -- namely
> checking GNOME Keyring for a password and building and displaying our
> own password dialog to the user -- is *one possible* implementation of
> that simple abstract "get_password" interface that you could pass when
> creating EClient objects.
>
> If MeeGo, for example, wanted to handle authentication in a completely
> different way -- perhaps not using GNOME Keyring at all or using their
> own authentication widget (I'm just making this up) -- they could write
> their own implementation and pass *that* when creating EClient objects,
> all without disturbing the public API at all.
>
> Maybe ECredentialsProvider is a better name after all.  I don't know
> yet.  But does what I'm trying to get at make sense?

Yes, I understand this, and it all seems to me pretty similar to the
signal thing. By the way, how would you manage this change in MeeGo (or
any other system) in evolution itself? Would they patch whole evolution
for using their password provider instead of fixing one function in eds?