Re: [Evolution-hackers] New 'eclient' branch in eds

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 12:51 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 17:11 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> > It's technically not passed in this function, it's a callback
> > signature. :) It would be used as a signal handler for "auth-required"
> > signal in the function, as I think of it right now.
>
> Yeah I'd like to kill the "auth-required" signal too as I've explained
> already.

Yup, though it'll be (internally - aka in D-Bus) still a signal. This
request of ECredentials object seems strange to me, because I understand
the ECredentials as something which actually holds credentials, not
something what is asking for it something else. Not talking that as  a
real object it adds, from my point of view, unnecessary overhead and
complications from simple signal callback.

Though like with your requested GSList->GList, if you find more people
willing to do the change (with a good reason?), then I can add a new
object (not ECredentials, as it is used in the backends too), something
like ECredentialsProvider, and the e_client_open_new would have it as a
parameter instead of auth callback.

	Bye and have a happy weekend,
	Milan