Re: [Evolution-hackers] Pre-alpha test builds of Evolution-EWS for Fedora / MeeGo

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 09:16 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> We can use these builds for doing pre-Alpha testing of EWS.

... which has already failed :)

Exchange puts some items in your inbox on which the 'message:From'
property is invalid. And rather than giving a warning but returning the
rest of the information when you try to fetch such items, Exchange
returns a *failure* for that fetch attempt.

Before, we were failing the whole request (with up to 100 items). So up
to 100 items were missing from the inbox, and we didn't notice. And
either we didn't get the error reported to the user, or we *really*
weren't paying attention. We need to fix things so that a fetch error
definitely *is* reported to the user.

With the code from last night, we skip that *single* item but then crash
later on a NULL pointer dereference when trying to process it.

I've committed a simple patch to fix the crash, but we still need to
stop fetching invalid properties, and make sure that we report fetch
errors properly.

--
dwmw2