Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-kolab: on (Unit) testing again

Hi,

On Friday 16 Juli 2010 Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 15:54 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > Within our project it has been brought up that POSIX shell scripts might
> > be a good choice in order to keep a low profile depencency-wise.
> > Personally, I would prefer a higher-level scripting language which will
> > offer more facility (esp. when it comes to mocking certain services or
> > other complex things which will be a little bit painful to do in shell
> > scripts). Nonetheless, I can perfectly understand the reasons if one
> > prefers POSIX shell or something the like.
>
> I think Python would be the most palatable choice for GNOME software.
> And you should be able to rig up a mock service pretty easily with the
> libraries it provides.

python has been accepted as the one single language for scripting within the
evolution-kolab project, with an if-ever-needed-fallback, which is POSIX shell
script (which we will try to avoid since python should be even more portable
today than POSIX shell scripts are).

Best regards,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/