Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-kolab: Subclassing and extending IMAPX

Hi again,

On Thursday 09 September 2010 Christian Hilberg wrote:
> [...]
> PS.:	I will have to check with git-submodule whether we can track just
> 	some part of the E-D-S git with that (i.e. IMAPX) ... if we can
> 	track the full E-D-S git only, then I will have to think up something
> 	else.

Hum, neither submodule nore subtree merging seem to fit the purpose here,
since in neither case I can refer to a certain part of a git repo but only to
a complete one (would be evolution-data-server in this case, which does not
make sense).

New thought: Add a new branch to my project and include camel/providers/imapx
sources there (a camel/ folder does exist anyway). Alas, in addition to the
IMAPX headers, I need to duplicate the implementation files as well, since
neither libcamel nor libcamel-provider do export IMAPX symbols (which is ok).

I'm then able to #include <camel/providers/imapx/someheader.h> as if I was
part of evolution-data-server, and linking against the installed e-d-s (libs)
works. In my own camel/ tree I will keep the extended functions for IMAPX ...
not very pretty indeed but maybe good enough for now.

In the event of a new upstream release, I copy the new upstream IMAPX sources
to the camel-imapx-sources-branch and merge it over into my own development
branches again. Should not be too much work, but would not be fully automated
either.

(Bye)^2,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/