Re: [Evolution-hackers] IMAP vs. IMAPX in Evo 2.30--recommendations?

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 11:03 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 15:22 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> > Hi all.  I'm wondering if anyone can provide a summary/recommendation
> > for IMAP vs. IMAP+ (IMAPX) in Evo 2.30 (I'm actually building the very
> > latest gnome-2.30 branch from git)?
> >
> > I use a dovecot IMAP server which I don't think supports any of the
> > advanced IMAP features (?),
>
> Um, I'm using Dovecot to test the QRESYNC support (which I just
> committed to master).

I have an older version than you, I guess, because I don't have all
those things (although I see I do have IDLE which is nice):

* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS UIDPLUS
LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 QUOTA AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN

This is the standard IMAP server at my ISP so I can't really change it
(as far as I know).

> > What about (does anyone know) connecting to Exchange servers using
> > Exchange's IMAP?  Should I be using IMAPX there?
>
> As long as you're using 2.30.2 or later, yes. There are some IMAPX fixes
> in 2.30.2 which you wouldn't want to be without, including a workaround
> for the fact that the crappy Exchange server lies to clients about
> RFC822.SIZE, leading to truncated mails.

Yep, I'm using the latest content of the git gnome-2.30 branch, checked
out/built this morning.

I've switched over so I'll let you know if there are any issues, thanks!