[Evolution-hackers] evolution-kolab: hiding IMAP folders

Hi all,

...still continuing...

Kolab makes use of "RFC5464 - The IMAP METADATA Extension" IMAP folder
annotations to differentiate between the various folder types which are
handled by Kolab. Remember, anything (Email and PIM data) is stored as Email
messages with XML attachments in IMAP folders within the Kolab context. This
means, we have IMAP folders for Email, Calendars, Contacts, TODOs, Tasks and
the like.
  Now, when creating a Kolab account, all of these folder types are generated
on the server. There is at least one folder for each type, which is the
default folder initially.
  From within Evolution, *only* the IMAP folder which is annotated "Email"
should be visible and all others should be hidden, as their respective
contents will be managed by the backends, not Evolution. Otherwise, users will
be able to meddle with PIM data folders, which might result in disastrous
situations on the server side.
  Is it possible to define certain IMAP folders as "hidden" from within our
plugin's EPlugin part? Or is it possible to hide certain IMAP folders (and
their subfolders) in any other sensible way?

Many greetings,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/