Re: [Evolution-hackers] Use real version in /apps/evolution/last_version

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 14:16 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> just a question, what about using real versions in GConf key
> /apps/evolution/last_version
> ? There is stored 2.92.0 for the master right now, but the version in
> Help->About is 2.91.4. I believe it would be better to use the real
> version, the one from Help->About, also because of migration code, which
> then would be usable for users using development versions as well.
>
> Any objections here? If not, then I will just change it, but I would
> like to know whether I didn't overlook anything what may cause more
> trouble than gain here.

Seems fine to me, as long as we continue to target the last stable
version as the source to migrate from.  I just don't want to get into a
situation where we have to write migration routines from, say, 2.91.4 to
2.91.5 and then 2.91.5 to 2.91.6 and then 2.91.6 to 2.91.90 just because
we changed our minds about something during a single development cycle.

A little bit of breakage between development releases is acceptable as
long as the upgrade path from 2.32 to 3.0 is clean.