Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution 2.28.3 - change default mail folder (continued)

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 09:48 +0200, Joop Beekmans wrote:
> Digging a little deeper, I found this message on an Evo mailinglist
> describing more or less the same issue:
> http://osdir.com/ml/evolution-list/2010-07/msg00337.html

Support for relocatable base directories was -just- introduced in
Evolution 2.31.6 (an unstable development release) and will officially
debut in late September with the release of Evolution 2.32.0.

It's not possible with earlier versions.

With 2.32.0 you will able to control Evolution's storage locations by
prepending these environment variables to the command for launching
Evolution:

   XDG_DATA_DIR=/path/to/your/nas/mountpoint \
   XDG_CACHE_DIR=/path/to/your/nas/mountpoint \
   XDG_CONFIG_DIR=/path/to/your/nas/mountpoint \
   evolution

Easiest way to set this up is in the properties window of Evolution's
panel launcher (modify the 'command' field).  Or if you're comfortable
with a command shell you could set this up as an 'evolution' alias in
your login script (e.g. ~/.bashrc).

Hope this helps.