Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-kolab: Camel.HttpStream in the wild (?)

> From: Christian Hilberg <hilberg kernelconcepts de>
>
> Hi again,
>
> On Wednesday 04 August 2010 Christian Hilberg wrote:
>>> That I don't know.  You might want to ask the libsoup maintainer, Dan
>>> Winship (danw gnome org).
>> [x] done. I've posted to the libsoup list, see [1]. Maybe we can dig up
>> something useful there.

FWIW, gnutls is working on PKCS#11 support. The first bits have been
added and I've been working with the gnutls maintainers on some of the
remaining parts. I believe libsoup will start using this in the near future.

> I also do not like the idea of adding yet another dependency to some other
> HTTP lib which has NSS support (like libcurl) too much, but which other
> options do we have? If we used libcurl, then we needed to provide our own
> packaged version which will be linked against NSS, since most distros ship
> only openssl/gnutls variants.

You might be interested in the talk that I gave at GUADEC which
addresses this and outlines our current effort to make things like
client certificates and key storage work far simply and reliably across
GNOME.

http://stef.thewalter.net/2010/07/my-talk-usable-crypto-on-gnome.html

Cheers,

Stef