Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-kolab: Camel.HttpStream in the wild (?)

Hi there,

On Wednesday 04 August 2010 Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 13:28 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > Does libsoup make use of NSS (just the newbie's uninitiated question)?
> It uses GnuTLS for transport layer security.
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/

Is there any good alternative to using libsoup which makes use of NSS? We're
pretty much depending on the (mostly) working NSS infrastructure for PKCS #11
and token handling for certificate based client auth.

From what I've read I get the impression that GnuTLS' PKCS #11 implementation
is still rather experimental (true?), so we would
(a) step on even more brittle ground
(b) have another lib which we potentially need to configure for cert token use
    (which, when incompatible with parallel NSS use, probably is a no-go)
when implementing/configuring token access for client cert retrieval.

Any hints on how to handle this situation?

Best regards,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/