[Evolution-hackers] Changes from 2.26 to 2.28

Hello,

I just upgraded from Evolution 2.26 to 2.28, and I noticed a few changes
which I think are negative.  I was wondering if I could find out the
rationale for these changes, as well as if there is some option for
changing them back (I couldn't find one in the preferences).

      * In the panel that lists the mails, each mail is given a much
        wider space, which seems like a waste.  GNOME already consumes a
        lot of screen space with very big controls and text, when
        compared to Windows or to KDE.
      * The Date column now shows 24-hour times rather than 12 hour
        times, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.
      * The Date column now uses "n days ago" for mails within the last
        week, rather than the day of the week.  My impression is that
        "Sunday" is more understandable than "6 days ago".

Thanks,
Rohan