[Evolution-hackers] Own project / idea for Google summer of code 2009
- From: Pavol Srna <srna pavol gmail com>
- To: evolution-list gnome org, evolution-hackers gnome org
- Subject: [Evolution-hackers] Own project / idea for Google summer of code 2009
- Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:26:48 +0100
like to discuss my own project / idea for Google summer of code 2009
and if you are interested in, then I would like to find a potential
mentor for this project.
I am a daily user of GNOME desktop environment and I am missing
useful, user-friendly synchronization support with the possibility of
broader settings between Evolution (Calendar, phonebook etc.) and
mobile devices (Nokia hand phones and so on) via bluetooth. I will
introduce a plug-in for Evolution which can easily prepare the mobile
device for synchronization, and which let the user set up a variety of
synchronization settings and in really user-friendly way synchronizes
all the required data in both directions.
According to the format disclosure at http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2009/Ideas
:Evolution: Synchronization with mobile devices via bluetooth
- Benefits: Better, user-friendly, competitive
synchronization ability with broader settings between Evolution
(calendar, phonebook, etc.) and mobile devices.
- Requirements: C programming knowledge, GObject-system knowledge, knowledge of plug-in writing for evolution
- Description: Write a plug-in, which will
provide a synchronization ability between evolution (calendar,
phonebook) and mobile devices in both directions. The plug-in should be
user-friedly with the possibility of broader settings and should
support as many mobile devices as possible.
With best regards, Pavol Srna.
] [Thread Prev