[Evolution-hackers] EPlugin events

Hi,
I was thinking I'd have a go at writing a very small plugin for evolution and I thought a good place to start was a simple minimise to systray plugin.  I downloaded the plugin manual and the source code.  From what I can gather there is no event that I can hook onto that states if the program is going to be or is currently minimized.  Is there a way I can hook directly onto the gtk events via EPlugin or would I need to insert my own EPlugin event (which would wrap the gtk event)  to do this?
Thanks,

Nick