Re: [Evolution-hackers] Question about e-shell-settings-dialog

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 18:42 +0800, cee1 wrote:
> I'm running Evolution on my 8.9 inch netbook.
> Clicking "edit" -> "preference", it popup a dialog with left column
> blank, then the dialog is automatically resized, displays the left
> column and overflows the screen.
> Where is the code resizes the "setting dialog" automatically
> and asynchronously?

It's a Bonobo glitch.  Every section of the dialog is a separate
BonoboControl, and I guess Bonobo can't determine the proper size of the
window until the BonoboControls are loaded, which seems to happen after
the window is already realized and visible on the screen.

A major rewrite of the Evolution is underway on a branch named
"kill-bonobo", which aims to remove the use of Bonobo in Evolution's UI
and core architecture.  The Preferences dialog was rewritten there and
the resizing effect no longer occurs.

The branch should land in time for Evolution 2.30.

Matthew Barnes