Re: [Evolution-hackers] MAPI support of Evo and Windows port

Hi Kálmán,

Kálmán KAMI Szalai wrote:
> I am really interested in MAPI support of Evolution. What is the status
> of MAPI plugin. Is it possible to use Exchange 2007/AD contact list. If
> the answer is yes, how? Should we configure Samba 4 (Alpha 6) to connect
> the Domain? Do you have a guide to setup?

There is no need to set up a Samba 4 server to use the MAPI client in
Evolution. Just use the account creation wizard in Evolution to set up
an account.
> Also do you know about ongoing efforts of MAPI port to Windows. We are
> interested in running Evo on Windows with Exchange 2007 server. What is
> the status of the port, and how can we help?

I wasn't aware there was such a project. Wouldn't this involve porting
Samba 4 and OpenChange as well?

Cheers,

Jelmer