Re: [Evolution-hackers] Moving from the single mbox file format for the local folders

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:54 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> > I definitely won't switch away from maildir as my format of choice
> > because it integrates nicely with offlineimap.
>
> Sure, I think users should have that freedom. Camel's local folder
> implementation has that built in. This new approach should be the
> default for new users, and as option for users to migrate to it for
> existing users. If users willingly stay with maildir or
> 1mbox-per-folder that should also be there.

I don't really see the point of inventing a new file-per-message format
when maildir already exists, is already implemented in evolution (albeit
buggily), and is a very popular format.  NIH seems a bit pointless
really.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com