Re: [Evolution-hackers] problems building local version of Evolution

Hi,

I am a security researcher at Queen's University in Canada.
We are working on a model based intelligent fuzzer for text
based protocols and data files. One of the file formats
we were looking at was iCalendar file format. We are trying
to build an earlier version of Evolution (2.6.0) that had several
bugs. However wee have run into a few problems.

We installed ubuntu 6.06 on a machine (Evolution 2.6.1) and
downloaded Evolution client 2.6.0 source code. The idea was
to compile only the 2.6.0 client (with the bug) and use
the rest of the installed system.

But are you sure you want to compile only the client. I would have thought that you need to have all the components (especially the evolution-data-server) the same version. Why not uninstall all the packages that come with Ubuntu and compile all the 2.6.0 packages.

Just a thought ....

Constantin