Re: [Evolution-hackers] Configuration masquerading Data

> Hi,
>
> I think it would be important to distinguish between a local cache of a
> remote IMAP or CalDAV folder (i.e. Configuration) vs. local mail
> folders, calendars, contact lists, etc. (Data).

I agree, I regretted not making a note about cache data. Caches are
temporary stores, if it makes sense to export them to a more permanent
states then that would be where they'd translate into user data.

As an example, pidgin's user lists and profile images are cache,
unless the contact is tied to a standard address book system where the
profile image could be stored in the right place it's not permanent
and is more of a state of the application.

Best Regards, Martin Owens