Re: [Evolution-hackers] Getting rid of shipped libdb

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 19:10 +0200, Matthias Braun wrote:

> You should respect the lessons learned from mbox format vs. maildir for
> mails. Simply use a single file per vcard and make the creation/deletion
> performance an issue of the file system which usually deals with this
> quiet well.

I also want to see flat files; something like a vcard, maybe even an xml
version of one put into an RFC.

I'd also want the files to default to a new XDG directory for contacts
instead of being hidden away in the configuration directory for gnome.
(because it's user data, not configuration)

I believe there is a new .config directory and probably a new .cache
directory for all the stuff programs need to do with those. It'd be nice
to sort out the data using a standard like XDG too.

Best Regards, Martin Owens