Re: [Evolution-hackers] checking Evolution with valgrind

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 12:32 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 14:46 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > My offer still stands: I could add interested developers to CC of the
> > emails which report nightly test success or failure. I look at the
> > results rather sporadically; this time only two days have passed since
> > the tests started to fail, but it could easily be a week or more.
>
> Sign me up, please.
>
> Not sure how responsive I'll be at fixing leaks as they emerge, but I'd
> like to stay informed at least.

Thanks for volunteering.

As an example, the attached email was marked in red in my inbox due to
an incoming filter which checks for "failed". "evolutiontrunk" is the
build step of the latest Evolution source. If it fails, then the other
steps are attempted with whatever did compile or is left from a previous
compilation. The rationale is that if building the Evolution GUI fails,
EDS testing would still run.

"client-api" and "syncevolution" are the repository checkouts of these
two components; "compile", well, compiles them. When that fails, no
tests are run. "evolution" is the part where EDS and the SyncEvolution
client are tested - this is what we want to succeed. The rest of the
email can be ignored.

> Thanks for your efforts here, by the way.  It's very much appreciated.

Thanks for your kind words.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
--

evolutiontrunk successful
client-api successful

/home/patrick/bin/runtests.py
--client-tag
r_tested
--configure
--enable-static-cxx LDFLAGS=-Wl,--as-needed --prefix=/usr
--tmp=/tmp/runtests/head/tmp
--workdir=/tmp/runtests/head/work
--resultdir=/home/patrick/runtests/2008-03-29-10-00/head-evolution-trunk-minimal
--resulturi=http://www.estamos.de/runtests/2008-03-29-10-00/head-evolution-trunk-minimal
--shell=run_garnome /home/patrick/evo-svn/gtk+2.0 /tmp/runtests/head/tmp/evolutiontrunk-result
--evosvn=trunk=/home/patrick/evo-svn
--enable
evolutiontrunk
--enable