Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-data-server addressbook backend

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:34 +0100, Matthias Braun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started developing a custom addressbook(1) backend and have a few
> questions regarding the API. First I wonder about the functions
> get_contact_list, get_contact and get_changes. They don't seem to be
> used by evolution. Are there applications around that use them? Do bad
> things happen if I don't implement them (set the callback to NULL)?

Sorry for a late reply... I'm off for a Novell conference in US.

get_contact_list is currently used in Evolution for only one thing (iirc).
Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences-> Html Images -> Show images for mails from Contacts...

It uses get_contact list to query for the contacts in the system. I fixed the issue in Exchange in 2.12.x.

Get contact API is used by the contact editor. (You double click on the contact on the addressbook view)

-Srini.