[Evolution-hackers] Exchange 2007 - MAPI Provider preview
- From: "Jacob Johnny" <jjohnny novell com>
- To: <evolution-hackers gnome org>,<evolution-list gnome org>
- Subject: [Evolution-hackers] Exchange 2007 - MAPI Provider preview
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:20:20 -0700
This is an announce mail for the preview of Evolution MAPI provider.
This provider can connect to Exchange 2007 servers and also to Exchange
2003, 2000 and 5.5 (untested).
After seeing enormous interest by the users in Exchange 2007
connectivity, we have prepared a preview of the current development code
from the branch. The evolution-mapi-provider is a standalone rpm but in
future it may be part of the Evolution/EDS rpms. It has a dependency on
OpenChange's ( http://openchange.org ) libmapi and Samba4.
I'm maintaining the build service project for the provider and I'm
planning to give RPMs for OpenSUSE, SLED, Fedora and Ubuntu. We would be
doing incremental releases of this periodically and may have nightly
builds for this pretty soon (Don't ask me when ;-)
The below url should let you access the Samba4, libmapi and Evolution
MAPI Provider rpms.
Due to the recent outage of OpenSUSE Build Service, we aren't able to
get the rpms ready. So I have built RPMs for opensuse 10.3/i586 alone
and is available at:
The build for the project is already queued. So it is possible that by
the time, you read the mail, the rpms might have been published already.
So go check out and give your valuable feedback.
****** IMPORTANT - DISCLAIMER *******
* The build could be very unstable and may crash frequently.
* Don't report these issues on to Evolution bugzilla atm. We will
create the components and let you all know it. Mean while, you
can write your comments/bugs at
http://www.go-evolution.org/MAPIProvider/Bugs and we will
migrate them to bugzilla a little later.
* It is not yet feature complete. We don't have public folders/GAL
yet. EMail subjects appear corrupted and lots of other known
* Most of the features are untested
* You need to export the Samba4 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/samba4/lib
* At Last: I'm not responsible for any serious damage caused due
to the package. So try it at your own risk!!! :)
] [Thread Prev