Re: [Evolution-hackers] Warning: careful rebuilding with my makefile!!

Paul Smith wrote:
Hi all;

This morning just after the 2.21.5 release of Evo was announced, the 2.4
branch of libsoup was merged to the trunk.

This version is not that easy to build: it requires a newer version of
GLIB than is available in Ubunut Gutsy, at least (2.15 or better, while
Gutsy contains 2.14.1)  Plus, someone reported to me that even after
getting a new-enough GLIB, they still couldn't finish building libsoup:

        gcc -g -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -D_REENTRANT -o .libs/context-test context-test.o test-utils.o  ../libsoup/.libs/libsoup-2.4.so  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/evo/lib
        ../libsoup/.libs/libsoup-2.4.so: undefined reference to `g_cancellable_is_cancelled'

So, maybe you need something even more new than suggested by the
configure.in file!  I haven't tried this myself so I can't say for sure.

(thanks to Gareth Doutch for the heads-up!)

gentoo also does not yet offer 2.15 GLIB either ( stable or ~ ). Which kinda puts me in a bind, since it appears that the last successful build I got has an issue with logging into exchange OWA. I guess I'll be failing over to mutt && tbird for a few days -- trying to decide if I wanna introduce GLIB 2.15 or not. Anyone have any heads up issues re GLIB 2.15?