[Evolution-hackers] Possible memory leak

Hi there,

I have this memory analysis tool that I'm willing to believe that tells
me this line in camel-folder.c causes 381 times a leaked allocation of
in total 5.95 kb. (I opened one folder of 1000 items). It seems to be
the g_slice_alloc (which does a malloc since I disabled gslice) of the

camel-folder.c:2255 (last line of camel_folder_change_info_add_uid)

g_hash_table_insert(p->uid_stored, olduid, info->uid_added);

I'm not immediately seeing it myself (it looks like p->uid_stored is
destroyed in the finalise indeed). But just FYI ... it might be
interesting to monitor this one.

If each new mail causes a GHashNode leak .. that might be quite a lot of
memory in Evolution.

ps. The caller for the camelfolderchange was imap_update_summary, but I
already checked that the change instance is finalised and that seems to
be the case indeed.

Philip Van Hoof, freelance software developer
home: me at pvanhoof dot be 
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org 

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]