Re: [Evolution-hackers] Trunk build error

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 13:18 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> 	Hello,
> regarding to this page:
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-Data-Checksums.html
> Support for checksums has been added in GLib 2.16
> So it requires a newer glib and maybe other libraries too, I guess.

The checksum functions are being used in unstable libgnomeui, but
libgnomeui's configure script does check for GLib >= 2.15.0.  Not sure
how that slipped past jhbuild.

As for the Evolution project, our policy is to develop against the
latest stable GNOME release (at this time 2.20), which included GLib
2.14.  So we should NOT be using these new GLib functions until GLib
2.16 is included in a stable GNOME release.

Matthew Barnes