Re: [Evolution-hackers] Issues in porting evolution mail client to directfb backend :Help Nedded.....

Hi ...

Thanks for your valuable insight regarding this issue.....

As regard with the broken bonobo build......my make log /install log shows no errors.....n gets built smoothly...... and even evolution runs but with many things missing in the UI as mentioned earlier.......
So i understand that this strikes out the possibility of a bad/broken build in bonobo......

I wanted to Know what will be the implications of removing/decoupling bonobo from evolution package.....
Is it possble to replace Bonobo functionality by appropriate substitutes at the Gdk layer......

I need a deeper understanding in this regard.......Plzz help.......

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
Please reply to the list.

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 20:04 +0530, svalbard colaco wrote:
> Thanx Ross for the input......
>
> The following is the Debug Log on running evolutuion........will this
> be helpful??

> (evolution:32556): Bonobo-WARNING **: ARGH - different serious ORB
> screwup

Your Bonobo/ORBit is broken.  Whether this is due to a bad build, broken
configuration, or it just doesn't work on DirectFB, I don't know.

Ross

--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross burtonini com
                                         jabber: ross burtonini com