Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution Exchange in Ubuntu Hardy

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 21:14 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
Unless something radical happens in the next few weeks to resolve all these problems, I regret to say that this Ubuntu Long-Term Support release will not be anywhere close to ready to deploy in an enterprise environment.

I have stayed away from the 64-bit releases myself, only because of the other issues (no modern Java support, etc.) that require having a 32-bit chroot around.  Having a 32-bit chroot is a waste of disk space, IMHO, and so I simply won't do it.

That having been said, Evolution has been very stable for me on Hardy for the past several months.  Granted, I do not use the Exchange backend, I use POP3S, IMAPS, and NNTPS for accessing my accounts.  The IMAPS connection that I use is to an Exchange server, but that server doesn't expose whatever it is that the Exchange connector requires for connecting to the server, so I just use IMAP.

    — Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                   mike trausch us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us