Re: [Evolution-hackers] Largefile support

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 12:43 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> The only 'gotcha' I can think of by enabling it by default is that it
> might break ABI if old builds were 32bit off_t's (the new off_t's would
> be 64bit).

> Oh, and fwiw, looking ahead, it may even be worth changing the public
> API to take goffset's rather than off_t's if breaking API is acceptable
> since it will prevent future off_t size issues (since I believe that
> goffset is supposed to be an int64_t)

Yeah, and this would be the opportune time to do that if we're going to
(early in the development cycle).  Sounds like we should wait to enable
largefile support by default until we do the goffset replacement, and
then ship both changes at once with a soname bump.

Matthew Barnes