Re: [Evolution-hackers] Question about contact database content - contact UID

Ross Burton wrote:
On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 19:32 +0200, David Hautbois wrote:
There is no good evolution python bindings to write in Evolution Data Server.
I only want to write contacts in the addressbook database directly.

So, I try to access to the addressbook database.
I'm able to read and write in the database, but I've problems to create valid contacts.

I just want to know how the UID field is built.

I've search in the libebook sources, but it's very difficult : I don't know C.

Have you tried http://www.conduit-project.org/wiki/evolution-python?

You shouldn't access the database directly, because if someone is using
Evolution at the same time you'll corrupt the database.  Also, what if
the user doesn't have a local addressbook but is only using LDAP or
Groupwise?

Anyway, to answer your question, there is no set format.  EDS uses
pas-id-[some number], but the only requirement is that it is a unique
string.

Ross
I just tried evolution-python.
But it requires libebook >=1.80
And on the Nokia N800, libebook = 1.4.2.1

:-(

Thanks.

David.

--