[Evolution-hackers] HTML composer as a standalone program?

Evolution has a pretty nice HTML e-mail composition window.

I've been dreaming of having an HTML editor that would work basically
like that, so I could point diehard microsoft word fans at and say
"See, HTML works fine for editing most documents - it's the conversion
process from word to HTML and back that's flawed".

What would it take to make a standalone HTML editor out of evolution's
HTML e-mail composition component?

Thanks!