Re: [Evolution-hackers] GnomeDruid migration

Le jeudi 10 mai 2007 �5:40 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan a �it :

> > So, what should be done here, indefinitely keep the current
> > implementation or get rid of one more part of libgnomeui and simplifying
> > evo's implementation ?
>
> I would prefer to move to GtkAssistant but then it should still support
> the existing EConfig structure. Hula/Groupwise/Exchange and other
> providers will directly hook into EConfig via EPlugins.
>
> I haven't yet seen much into GtkAssistant but it should be possible to
> get it working.

great,

I should add that I wanted to make the necessary changes to the plugins
too if necessary (I believe that mixing GnomeDruid and GtkAssistant is
not cool at all unless you want to express your mad g_object skills :) ).

As I said, the biggest difference is that GnomeDruid bases it's
operations on the access of next and previous page through pointers
which is not the case with GtkAssistant. We could simulate that
obviously but I think the result wouldn't be easy to either debug or
maintain.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr>